Qantas – Rain Main’s airline of choice – has debuted a new very Australian safety video, that in their words “features Australians from all walks of life talking passengers through the on-board safety instructions against the backdrop of locations across the country.”
You can watch the video in its entirety below, or, when you next board a Qantas flight.
I have to say I’m a fan on unconventional and quirky safety videos and this one, although not funny at all, falls right into that category. It’s refreshing to see a safety video that breaks free from the traditional airline setting – much like Air New Zealand did with their Lord of the Rings and Bear Grylls tributes – which took you to fantasy lands and the latter through New Zealand’s beautiful scenery.
The Qantas video, in their words again, features:
● An oxygen mask demonstration at the Museum of Old and New Art in Hobart;
● A life-jacket demonstration at Bondi Icebergs;
● A brace position demonstration during a yoga class on Hamilton Island;
● Counting rows to the exit on a Yarra Valley winery; and
● An emergency slide demonstration at Josephine Falls in Queensland, among others.
I do feel like this video caters a lot more to international travellers and no doubt Tourism Australia would love the massive plug. Australia is a beautiful country and who better to show it off than Australia’s oldest airline? While there’s quite a few ‘cliched tourism video’ scenes, it’s overall pretty darn unique – especially the whole counting rows in a vineyard thing – clever.
And the best bit about this tourism video? There’s no Lara Bingle in sight.
Watch it below and let me know what you think!